10. The neighbor’s ex-bucket calf yearling bull of unknown heritage is too puny to settle the heifers he jumped in with last week.
9. The market has one more rally in it before your note’s due.
8. You can always drive your pickup another dozen miles after the little red arrow hits “E.”
7. If you hug the uphill side of the wet spot in the field, you won’t get stuck.
6. That ol’ bomb-proof gelding doesn’t have an ounce of buck left in him.
5. If you don’t weaken, the old brockle-face cow will veer away from you in the sorting pen.
4. A piece of twine ought to hold your busted trailer gate until you get that crazy cow back to the pasture.
3. No point in having the vet check a bull as virile-looking as the one you just bought.
2. The guy across the sale ring is going to bid one more time so you won’t have to regret bidding on those knothead calves.
1. You can take your wife at her word when she says she doesn’t want anything for Valentine’s Day.