10. You’re holding off on changing the oil in anything until it becomes clear whether or not the Iranians are going to block the Strait of Hormuz.
9. Since your neighbor buys better bulls than you, fixing the fence would be counter-productive.
8. You wrote the note’s due date in the dust on your pickup fender and, well heck, rain wasn’t even in the forecast.
7. By putting off soil testing another year, you save money by not having to buy lime.
6. You regard that row of junk machinery as a windbreak, wildlife habitat and your hold position in the metals market.
5. Didn’t you read somewhere that bull calves gain faster?
4. Allowing the johnsongrass to go to seed may be your best defense against the neighbor’s sericea lespedeza encroaching into your pasture.
3. Delaying harvest gives you an opportunity to better assess the standability of your corn and soybean cultivars.
2. The moon sign never seems to be right for those honey-do projects.
1. Since your accountant charges by the hour, you don’t want to give him too much time to work on your taxes.