10. A 3-year-old will repeat “Dad’s words” during those moments when all goes quiet in a public place.
9. A new .22 — you’re going to find some holes in stuff you prefer unholey.
8. Who’d have thought a kid that size could start a tractor, let alone get it in gear?
7. Never tell a teenager to finish a field before he or she can go to town. Always specify quitting time — unless you just want to see how much stress the equipment will handle.
6. A little kid may tell a whopper about leaving the gate open but will go all Honest Abe correcting your excuse to the preacher about missing church.
5. Be wary of trial balloon explanations — the mud embedded in the grill of his or her first vehicle did not come from potholes in the school parking lot.
4. Kid-broke horses aren’t as much fun as far shorter rides on sows and cows.
3. The kid may be a heckuva mechanic someday, but today, super-gluing baler parts together is a little annoying.
2. A weekend with the grandparents and all the disciplinary lessons are right out the window.
1. Yeah, they do pretty much the same stuff you did at that age.