10. Give him another couple days and your dog will have dragged enough body parts into the yard to assemble a complete skeleton.
9. Strangers wearing orange caps are sitting at YOUR table in the cafe.
8. Two fancy pickups with Kansas City plates spend the day parked by the deer crossing sign down the road.
7. For reasons of self-preservation, farmers are setting out big round bales at night.
6. For every 200 does, you see one buck and he’s running across the road smack dab in front of you.
5. The guy down the road with the ornamental deer in his yard is going to have to buy a new one.
4. The neighborhood’s legendary 20-point buck turns out to be a doe with a hedge branch stuck on her head.
3. Backroads through the brushy part of the county get more traffic in a week than they do the rest of the year.
2. Some guy with out-of-state plates proudly rolls through town with what appears to be a goat strapped onto the roof of his SUV.
1. “Purple posts? I just thought that was some K-State fan thing."