10. He tells her to sit tight — he’ll get the gates today.
9. He asks his seed dealer for a hoodie in her size — and, “do you have it in pink?”
8. He promises not to apply chicken litter while her mother is visiting
7. No chocolates at the farm store but there was a sale on jumper cables.
6. He points out that he told her he loved her when they got married and that, if anything had changed, he would have let her know.
5. He suggests that, seeing how it’s Valentine’s Day, after she picks up parts she ought to stop at Sonic so she won’t have to cook tonight.
4. He promises that, when they go to the county fair this year, he’s going to borrow a nicer camper.
3. He reluctantly hands over the TV remote control.
2. He knows how fiscally conservative she is so, respecting her wishes, he gets her nothing.
1. She used to love stuffed animals and he absolutely can’t wait to show her what he picked up at the taxidermist’s.