by Mark Parker
Parsons, Kansas —
10. More beef and dairy products from fewer cattle and fewer acres than ever before.
9. Hosting 75 percent of the nation’s wildlife habitat.
8. More than 24 million support jobs across the nation.
7. Each of them provides food for 155 people, six times more than 50 years ago.
6. A hugely positive contribution to America’s trade balance.
5. A secure, safe, economical food, fiber and fuel resource, leaving 98 percent of America to the pursuits of their choice.
4. Sequestration of 828 million metric tons of carbon, reducing greenhouse gas emission.
3. Pioneering technologies that reduce energy usage with information and management.
2. Stewardship of soil and water, the foundation of life in the USA.
1. And doing it all while dodging attacks from well-fed activists living on ground that will never again grow anything but weeds in the sidewalk cracks. £