by Mark Parker
Parsons, Kansas —
10. Feed’s a bargain—at least it feels like they’re putting more than 50 pounds of feed in those 50-pound feed sacks.
9. Farm machinery is quieter than it used to be and, come to think of it, the cows don’t make as much noise, either.
8. You love your wife more than ever even though she’s gotten bad about shrinking your clothes and even manages to shrink your belt.
7. The cows are getting plenty of hay because sometimes you forget and feed them twice.
6. People have respect for their elders and wait ‘til you’re out of earshot before they talk about how grouchy you are.
5. When your wife scolds you for not doing something she asked, you can honestly say you didn’t hear her.
4. You can carry a cushion with you into the sale barn without giving a darn about what anybody thinks.
3. You can say stuff that would’ve gotten you in trouble in the past and now folks just shake their heads and go on.
2. Pointing out that tractor steps are higher and steeper than they used to be gives you a bargaining point with your equipment dealer.
1. You get to see your neighbors more often ‘cause they’re always stopping by to see if you’re ready to lease your ground. £