Parsons, Kansas —
10. Keeping the public scared to death is the best way to keep campaign contributions rolling in.
9. Good excuse to eliminate worthless crop and livestock reports since every Congressman knows food comes from a grocery store anyway.
8. C-SPAN can now air Three Stooges reruns — not that anyone will notice the difference.
7. MSNBC and Fox News were both running out of really good crisis material.
6. Obama gets to bail on a trip to Indonesia and Boehner can work on his tan.
5. Reading “Green Eggs and Ham” was an opportunity to say something sensible on the Senate floor for a change.
4. Government workers needed a break from reading your e-mails and listening to your phone calls.
3. Finally Congress has a legitimate excuse for not doing anything.
2. Great way to trick crazy people into taking off their tinfoil hats because they assume federal laser mind probe workers are laid off.
1. Because they can. £