by Mark Parker
Parsons, Kansas —
10. Instead of a new cap, your seedsman offers to take last year’s cap home and wash it.
9. Your vet is sharing a truck with the plumber and has to dehorn with a hack saw and pipe wrench.
8. The implement dealer is offering two service plans: Done and Done Right.
7. At the co-op, you have to bring your own coffee—and your own cup.
6. The county agent brings half-full cereal boxes from home as refreshments for his soils and crops meeting.
5. Sale barn initiates new U-Sort ‘Em, U-Load ‘Em, U-Cleanup After ‘Em policy.
4. The bait shop, tanning salon, and tax accountant have merged.
3. The Post Office contracts with the Schwan’s man to deliver rural mail once a week.
2. The farm store now accepts trade-ins on corral panels that are only partially accordioned.
1. Those people who threw beer cans in your road ditch? They’re picking them back up. £