by Mark Parker
Parsons, Kansas —
10. You sprayed the hay field for weeds and, as it turns out, that was 90 percent of the stand.
9. You were positive you had 20 t-posts on the back of the flatbed last summer and, by golly, the mower found the missing one.
8. You’re trying to decide whether to cut the fescue too late or the bermuda too early.
7. There’s a trade-off of whether you aim for maximum protein content of johnsongrass or sericea lespedeza.
6. An endangered species has endangered your alfalfa stand with mounds and burrows.
5. Which would end up costing you more, skipping your wedding anniversary dinner or missing a rare chance to get the hay put up right?
4. After discovering several kilos of illegal substances in hay bales recently, the DEA is setting up road blocks in hay meadows.
3. With all the stormy weather, the term “windrows” has, in effect, become “wind-rolls.”
2. The bargain net wrap you bought online is so biodegradable it disintegrates in the baler.
1. The windshield wipers on your hay baler tractor aren’t working. £