Parsons, Kansas —
The Top 10 Valentine’s Day
suggestions for farmers:
10. An Extension meeting doesn’t qualify as a “date night” even if they serve supper.
9. Yes, your seed dealer has some awful nice hoodies and stocking caps but they may not meet her criteria for romantic gifts.
8. Seeing as how you told her you loved her some years back and since nothing’s changed, assuming you don’t need to revisit that territory is suicidal.
7. Avoid gifts that you, too, can use — like a new shotgun or a 4-wheeler.
6. Telling her to sit tight, you’ll get the gate, is a nice gesture but probably not adequate.
5. If you’re stupid enough to buy clothing make darn sure it’s not too big — or too small.
4. And, speaking of clothing, camo may not be the best choice, either.
3. Just because she commented on the cuteness of a baby calf doesn’t mean she wants a whole flock of bucket calves to take care of for Valentine’s Day.
2. Anything that even hints at self-improvement — like an exercise bike — is regrettable gift choice.
1. And if you do forget Valentine’s Day, make sure there’s plenty of bedding in the dog house. £