by Mark Parker
Parsons, Kansas —
10. I will take my wife out to dinner somewhere other than the sale barn cafe or an animal health/ seed/chemical meeting.
9. I will call the vet before there are four hooves in the air.
8. I will not ask my wife to go check the cows with me just so I have someone to get the gates.
6. I will not spend more on any vehicle than it’s worth—except maybe filling it with fuel.
7. I resolve to actually read herbicide labels, at least the parts the look important.
5. I will cut down the cedars in the pasture before it looks like a Christmas tree farm.
4. I will not base my corn hybrid decision on who has the coolest caps.
3. I will bale fescue before it’s dry as Rice Krispies.
2. I resolve to figure out what the heck all those buttons are for in the new tractor.
1. I will count to 10 when an unreachable bolt turns—and then I’ll cuss and throw the wrench. £