Parsons, Kansas —
10. Heckuva fitting job — that lamb feels like he died last week but he looks like a million bucks.
9. Okay, I have to fill in for the rabbit judge who didn’t show up — guess I’ll just judge ‘em like miniature steers with long ears.
8. I’ve got 17 pigs, 13 exhibitors and a ring man who’s busy flirting with the show secretary.
7. They can mail me my check ‘cause I’m gonna slap this steer on the rump and head for my truck before things get ugly.
6. I’m going to pretend I didn’t see the “Bob’s Bakery” sticker on that pie tin.
5. Good lookin’ kid but I’d give more for the halter than the horse it’s hangin’ on.
4. His pig may look like the University of Arkansas mascot but he’s the only one sound enough to run full-out and clear the fence by a foot.
3. This oughta be interesting — they’ve got the Murray Greys, Blonde d’Aquitaines, Luings, Watusis, and miniature Belgian Blues all in the same class.
2. No doubt that horse had the best reining pattern but I’m pretty sure the rider has to still be on his back at the end.
1. Just like my judging team coach taught me — pick the goat that looks least like a goat. £