Parsons, Kansas —
10. Since most of the weeds you intended to eradicate have now gone to seed, you can scratch that job off your to-do list.
9. The sale barn cafe orders extra ketchup, coffee and Excedrin in anticipation of the fall run.
8. It’s the best part of football season — when you can still have high hopes for your favorite team’s prospects.
7. Soybean fields begin their annual race against frost.
6. Futures traders switch from over-reacting to summer-related weather reports and begin over-reacting to harvest-related weather reports.
5. Your neighbor figures he probably ought to wean last year’s calves before fall calving kicks in.
4. Even though you still have crops in the field, your seedsman has already stopped by with an early purchase discount offer.
3. When you complain about your kid texting too much she can now claim it is homework-related.
2. Morning chores include getting a dew-soaked spider web right across the face.
1. You quit cleaning out the barn, rationalizing that you’ll need the extra insulation for winter. £