Equine-boarding checklists helps ensure happy horses and horse owners
In short, the more horse-care matters for which a facility takes responsibility, the less an individual owner boarding his or her animal at the facility can expect to control specific details of the horse’s care.
Analyze mare reproductive efficiency
To promote good conception and foaling rates, the horse breeder first must identify the farm's efficiency status and compare it to a realistic optimum.
Rapid horse ration change can cause colic
Equine owners must practice sound management in altering their animals’ rations if problems with colic or founder are to be avoided.
Heated barns have impact on horse health
Closed barns usually have increased humidity. High humidity combined with warm temperature can cause enough nitrogen smell or bacteria growth to irritate the horse’s respiratory system. These frequently result in chronic, minor respiratory problems that interfere with animal performance.
- K-State to host well-being symposium The symposium offers topics of interest to horse owners, managers and equine enthusiasts.
- Danish horses at home in Yale, Okla. A big part of this perfection rests with the fact the farm is located not far from two large airports, several U.S. and Interstate highways and near a veterinary school and hospital where a lot of research on the treatment of horses has been conducted.
- OJRA rodeo season is here again The OJRA rodeo season begins March 13, at the Roan Hoarse Arena in Pawhuska, Oklahoma.
- Childhood dream of owning a rare breed now a reality In 2001, Pam and her husband Matt Gish, bought a four month old Friesian stallion colt and a short time later a young Friesian filly. The rest is history.
- Never let age get in your way Paisley was raised doing farm and ranch work including both on area ranches starting with the Bar K in Osage County, Okla., and the family ranch.
- Lifelong love of horses pays off Now Ashley is channeling that liking into a very successful career in showing, a project started when her parents decided since her older brother had a dedicated involvement in sports, Ashley should have the same chance to devote herself to something she truly loved rather than spend her life just cheering him on.
- More Equine Headlines
- Equine-boarding checklists helps ensure happy horses and horse owners